The Lincolnshire Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applications are available at www.selectionworks.biz until April 16, 2014. The application deadline is Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- $35 non-refundable application fee;
- U.S. citizen;
- 21 years of age to under 35 years of age by date of application (unless otherwise exempt by statute);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree by date of application deadline (April 16, 2014) – photocopy of original, official transcripts required as proof;
- alid Illinois Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card by time of hire;
- Certification of having passed the Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test through a certified testing agency – POWER test card must be issued within one year prior to the written examination (valid if issued between 5/3/13 to 5/3/14). POWER test cards may be obtained through the following agencies:
- NIPSTA – Glenview, IL – www.nipsta.org or (847) 998-8090
- Triton College – River Grove, IL - http://www.triton.edu/power/
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Stevenson High School – Room 2104
1 Stevenson Dr.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:45 a.m. with photo identification (valid driver’s license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE. Testing will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. The testing process will consist of two tests: 1) a traditional police officer examination that assesses cognitive ability and behavioral characteristics and 2) a scenario-based skills assessment that assesses job-related skills.
Contact/Send to Leslie Ulibarri
Lincolnshire Village Hall